404 is the common problem seen in many websites. This problem is occurs as the result of some small or complicated errors. Website owners are worried of this issue, because this may affect the website performance some times. So, to help those websites which are facing this problem, we came-up with some solutions through this article. Read this and resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Here are a few simple steps for solving the issue quickly. Some of these are easy to perform and some require technical changes to be done. Therefore, check whether you can solve the issue with these simple tips, if not approach your web-hosting company to solve your problem with 404 errors.
- Start with page refresh and this is the first and foremost thing you need to do when you find this error. This is necessary because there may be an issue with the page loading due to Internet problems. So, to avoid this, just refresh and see. If the problem doesn’t resolve go with the next step.
- This problem can also be resolved when your browsers cache or cookies were cleared in the situations that your website is visible in another device.
- Check the errors in the URL, scan the site for malware or virus that is making your website with 404 errors. Try to remove them as soon as possible without giving them time makes your site more vulnerable.
If the problem still exist, try to contact your web-hosting provider for further advanced ways to fix the problem or try it yourself if you have the skills to solve the technical issues of your website. Some of the advanced techniques for solving this issue are:
- If your website has .htaccess problems, can be resolved by manually deleting the file with the help of FTP and regenerating the file again by heading over to your advanced parameters or back-office or performance.
- If your SSL certificate is incorrectly configured, check whether the SSL URL is pointing and connecting to the correct URL within the .htaccess file.
- If you are getting the message showing that you don’t have the authenticity to access along with the 404 Not Found error, ask your web hosting service provider to change the CHMOD permission through FTP and request them to set it to good permissions like 644 for files and 755 for directories. This may vary from host to host. Therefore, make sure that you check with this issue.
- If your costume route URL is incorrectly configured, make sure that your friendly URL is active and enabled. This will solve the issue.
These simple steps help you resolve the problem your website is having 404 errors as soon as you detect them. So, make sure that you identify the problem correctly and solve it optimally.