Social media marketing is a powerful marketing strategy to reach billions of people in a short span of time, throughout the world. While many businesses have adopted social media marketing to create brand awareness and connect with their potential customers, many small businesses are still missing out the opportunity on using social media marketing.
Small businesses should understand that social media is one such platform that will help them grow in their business. There are many social media platforms available, but you need to choose the ones that are popular and have a great demand such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Linkedin. These platforms are commonly used for marketing.
- Facebook: Facebook helps small businesses to promote their business and interact with customers and engage them on their page.
- Twitter: You can post your company ads, news, events, latest updates, etc., in Twitter, but it should not exceed more than 140 characters.
- Youtube: A place were you can post your company’s podcasts and video clips. It is learnt that 6 billion hours of videos is watched every hour. So, take this opportunity to promote your business.
- LinkedIn: It helps you to connect with other professionals from the same industry. It helps in building network and referrals.
Here are some reasons why small businesses should seriously think of having social media marketing for their business:
Low cost of entry: Social media sites are free to access, you can create your company’s profile and post information about products/services. If you limit yourself to traditional marketing like newspaper ads, fliers, television ads – were you need to pay high cost to produce, create or host the service. And they will limit to a specific geographic area. Therefore, social media sites are invaluable resource of conducting marketing campaign at your affordable budget.
Community: A solid marketing campaign expand your business exposure to the large community. Social media has the potential to reach the billions of people across the world.
- Facebook has 1.11 billion users worldwide.
- Twitter has 500 million users worldwide.
- LinkedIn has more than 225 million users globally.
Social media is a wonderful tool to educate and empower your community followers. And a platform to conduct market research or surveys to know your target customer preferences, needs, wants, likes, dislikes, on your products/services.
Branding: Social media marketing is one of the best marketing strategies in brand building. It works like word of mouth. Where a satisfied customer likes and share your information in his/her network, therefore, information can reach a large number of people within a short time.
Relationship building: Social media enables you to interact directly to the customers by one-to-one dialogue. By listening and providing timely response to the customer queries/comments helps in building relationship and customer loyalty.
Generates leads/sales: Social media is the one of the best way to generate leads/sales. There is a wide scope in getting customer referrals from a happy customer, professionals partners in the same industry or else you can engage the prospective customers on-going dialogue to convert into sales. In short, investment in social media is better option because it almost doubles the marketing leads of traditional marketing.
Social media is the best Internet marketing strategy to create brand awareness, acquiring customers, building customer relationship and providing high end one-to-one customer-service.