It is very inconvenient for one to leave a child in home and go for the workplace. In order to offer a right child care for kids, many parents are struggling a lot. Many childcare options are available. However, an effective care can be provided at home by hiring a nanny.
A nanny is a person who provides care for children in the absence of their parents. The primary responsibilities of a nanny include anything related to childcare. However, she may also sometimes perform certain housekeeping activities based on the preferences of the family. Parents hire a nanny carefully from a reputed nanny referral agency by conducting an interview. However, a nanny also has a right to ask certain questions to the family. Remember to ask the below questions when you are hired as a nanny.
- What are the main duties and responsibilities of the job?
- Should I also involve in any housekeeping activities like cooking, laundry and so on?
- How do you spend time with your children?
- Do you design strict rules for keeping your kids in discipline?
- How to contact you when you are at workplace?
- What are the health and safety conditions in the household?
- Does the child has any health concerns?
- Are there any other persons like grandparents, relatives or family friends in the house who have an authority on you while on the job?
It is good to ask these questions and clear the doubts upfront. It is also necessary to suggest a written contract that would include all the rules and responsibilities. An effective communication between the family and the nanny throws away any misunderstandings. It even ensures a positive and long-lasting relation between them.