Both the parents in most of the families go for work. Its the common thing seen across the world. With this, there is no facility to take care of their children. Daycare centers have provided the best solution for such parents. However, it is very uncomfortable and difficult for parents to manage going to office and daycare center. Daycare centers arranged at workplaces can be helpful for parents. However, there are also some cons associated with it. Here are some advantages and disadvantages of daycare centers at workplace.
- Daycare center in the workplace is affordable and can be obtained from employment benefit programs. It is much cheaper when compared to the commercial or private daycare.
- Parents have a feeling of security and safety as the children are within the reach of their own work facility.
- They also save time of the parents who commute from places of their office to the place of daycare centers.
- They also enhance the bonding between parents and children. Parents can spend their lunch hours and breaks with their children in the daycare center at workplace.
Though they are found to be beneficial, they are also associated with certain disadvantages. Some of them are given here.
- Parents may also urge themselves to go to their children. This disturbs the daily work routine.
- As the parents prefer to spend most of their time with their child, their relations with office colleagues may be lessened.
- The staff of daycare center may not look after the children carefully and may ask the parents to come often to look at them.
So daycare centers at workplaces have their own advantages and disadvantages. So better choose the daycare center for your child based on these issues.