The New York auto show will be held at the Jacob Javits Convention Center every year, and the world wide automakers will exhibit their new models in this auto show. The highlights of 2010 auto show are:
- BMW displayed its 335is, in which torque is increased to 370 pound feet. It gives 3 series buyers a sporty drive.
A hybrid model introduced by Chevrolet Cruze Sedan, has a turbo 1.4-liter engine and gives 40 mpg on the highway. It is built using aerodynamics and low rolling resistance tires.
- Hyundai Equus uses a 4.6-liter V-8 engine, and has amenities such as massage seats and adaptive cruise control. It is priced lower than Lexus LS 460 and Mercedes-Benz S550.
- Hyundai Sonata 2.OT is a mid sized sedan. It has 2-liter four cylinder engine and 274 horsepower. It has iPod integration and a Bluetooth phone system. The company also displayed Sonata hybrid which uses lithium ion batteries, an electric drive system and the fuel economy is in 30’s.
- The Kia Optima is similar to sonata but is more angular than sonata and is available with Kia’s new UVO system.
- Scion iQ won awards world wide for its compact design and it offers more room, it also has ipod and heat unit options.
- Lincoln MKZ hybrid is a most fuel efficient luxury car in the world, it comes with amenities such as the THX audio system and is the main competitor for Ford Fusion Hybrid and Mercury Milan Hybrid.
The above were the highlights of NewYork Auto Show – 2010.