The Chicago Auto Show is held annually in February in Chicago’s Mc Cormick place convention complex. This event first held in 1901 and it is one of the best attended Auto Show in the world, with over one million visitors attending it each year. The producer of Chicago auto show is ‘The Chicago Automobile Trade Association (CATA)’.
The 2010 Chicago Auto Show was held from February 12 through February 21, with press days starting on February 10. The following are the concepts of the 2010 Chicago Auto Show:
- BMW, a German car manufacturing company displayed 2 of its BMW 7 series models, those are BMW F01 and BMW F02.
- Chevrolet Silverado is the latest line of full sized pick up trucks from General Motors.
- Ford introduced Ford Edge, a mid sized crossover (SUV). Shelby Mustang is a high performance variant of Ford Mustang. Ford Transit Connect is a compact panel van developed by Ford Europe.
- A minivan by Japanese automaker Honda, The Honda Odyssey is introduced.
- The Hyundai Grandeur is a mid sized sedan manufactured and marketed globally by Hyundai Motor Company.
- The Toyota Avalon is a full sized car produced by Toyota on United States and The Scion tC is an automobile manufactured and sold by Scion, a division of Toyota.
- The Nissan 370Z, a sports car produced by Nissan Motors.
- Kia Ray is a prototype of a car that is designed to be a fuel-efficient, environmentally conscious vehicle. It is a green car and it can be electrically recharged through a standard outlet.