People these days have become health conscious and have been using air purifiers. Any pollutants, allergens or other particulate materials can be removed by air purifiers. Ionic air purifiers are one among various types of air purifiers. An air purifier using air ionizer to filter smoke, dust and other harmful particles from air is called an ionic air purifier. Mostly negatively charged ions are produced by ionic air purifiers which attract positively-charged ionic materials present in air.
A metal plate or needle is present in an ionic air purifier is charged with a high voltage of electricity. Electrons from the thick part of needle flow towards the narrow side getting closer. Repulsions among them create a negative pressure which increases gradually allowing them to move out of the needle. Then they get attached to the closest air particle. In this way, particles in air get deionized. Use of ionic purifiers is prominent due to many benefits.
Benefits of Ionic Air Purifiers:
- Filters are not required for ionic air purifiers which saves money.
- Maintenance including cleaning of metal plates used by ionic air purifiers is very easy. They can be reused for longer periods of time.
- Smallest airborne particles up to 0.01 micron can be caught by them. Size of most dust particles and smoke is greater than 0.01 micron.
- Ionic air purifiers are inexpensive when compared to other types of air cleaners. They are available in affordable price ranges.
- Some air purifiers make noise while working. However, ionic air purifiers are very quiet causing no disturbances.
- Various sizes of ionic air purifiers are available and hence can be selected based on the requirements.
These are most commonly used for air purification due to these advantages. They can run for a long period of time and can be used continuously in a day.