Drug test is the test, by which presence of the drug in blood can be detected. There are many types of drug tests. Saliva drug test is one of the drug tests. This is also called as oral drug test. Facts about saliva drug test, are as follows:
- Saliva is a liquid, produced in mouth and it is the refined version of the plasma. It has the capability to trace the amount of drugs with in a period of 24 to 34 hours.
- There are many types and shapes of saliva drug test kits, that are available in the market. Such kit is placed in the mouth of a person who is to be tested. Through a membrane, the kit takes the saliva in the mouth. The test strip gets wet by saliva and if the person had taken any drug, the results are shown as coloured bands. Particular drug, shows particular colour.
- Alcohol, PCP, Methamphetamine, Ecstasy, Amphetamine, Barbiturates, Opiates, Cocaine, Benzodiazepines and Cannabis are drugs that are detected by saliva-drug-test.
- This test is used for employment drug testing. Saliva-drug test is used prior to employment. It can be attractive choice for employers or companies.
- It can be the difficult to detect the drug after long time of consumption of the drugs.
These are the facts about saliva-drug-test. In spite of having few drawbacks, it is popular through out the world, because it is most convenient and less expensive .