According to a study by ThomsonLocal.com along with online analytics gave Analytics SEO to publish a report on the state of British business online, 70 percent of all UK SMEs have little or no Search Engine Optimization on their websites.
The internet provides a very unique opportunity for a small business to improve its brand’s visibility. Still, many UK companies are failing to optimize their websites.
Key Findings of Research Study on the State of UK Business Websites 2010
- There is none or very basic level of SEO in 47 percent of all business websites.
- More than 70 percent of companies which have less than 50 employees have none or very basic levels of SEO.
- Over 74 percent of companies do not have basic web site analytics software for tracking site visits.
- There is no index in any search engine in 12 percent of all businesses.
- More than 0.6 percent of web sites are under construction.
- The business websites which have advanced levels of SEO are just 3 percent.
- There is no HTML site map for 82 percent.
- There is no XML site map for 75 percent.
- More than 35 percent do not have unique Page Titles.
- Around 56 percent of them do not have unique Page Descriptions.