Pay Per Click, in short PPC, is the process of buying and managing sponsored links from search engines and social networks. PPC is initially a media buy; once activity is live it needs considerably more analysis and optimization than most online media. An effective PPC campaign is one that is planned in detail and optimized continually on a daily or weekly basis. PPC Services is a process that initially advertiser selects a comprehensive list of keywords/keyword phrases relevant to their website. Then search supplier allows the advertiser to ‘bid’ on their chosen keywords in order to appear in the listings. The position in the results is determined by the bid value. The higher the bid the higher they appear in the listings – like an auction. Bids can be changed at any time. The system works on a Cost Per Click (CPC) basis and the advertiser only pays their bid price each time a user clicks through to their website. The advertiser chooses the text that appears in the listing, subject to relevant guidelines. The advertiser can decide how much budget they would like to allocate. There are many benefits from PPC Services. Some of them include:
- Quickest and easiest way to ensure that a site appears in a prominent position on the major portals and search engines.
- Enables an advertiser to reach a large number of Internet users.
- Drives highly targeted qualified leads to a website.
- PPC allows an advertiser to control their brand messaging within the search results.
- Allows an advertiser to control their cost per lead therefore maximizing their return on investment.
- Suitable for ensuring an ongoing presence on all the major search engines.
- Suitable for tactical/promotional activity as it is highly flexible and provides immediate results.