As a parent it is your responsibility to educate your kids regarding attacks. This article will help you know what are your roles and responsibilities towards your child and how to make them self-protected. Go through the following steps to know what is your role in helping your kids self-defense tips.
Teach your kids to identify strangers
At first you should teach them about the situation that most of the kids are facing from the strangers and educate them. Make them know the signs and symptoms for recognizing the strangers, tell them various simple ways to identify the strangers around them and ask them to be far away from those people for not getting into trouble.
Teach basic self-defense tips
Next teach them basic self-defense tips like what to do when strangers are following them. Tell you kids, that not to answer the questions asked by strangers and also tell them not to take eatables from un-known people.
Help them in taking self-defense classes
A good self-defense class will teach your kid to handle situations where they are attacked and helps them to protect themselves from being attacked.
Helps them in building up their confidence
Confidence is important for everyone whether it is an adult or a teenagr. Confidence is one of the factor that they grab from self-defense classes. Confidence builds up automatically with the tactics they learn. This boosts them up in handling the strangers and the situation.
Make them exercise daily
Daily exercise is must for kids. It not only makes them build their body, but also makes them energetic and healthy all the day. Making your kid physically fit keeps them strong enough to fight with the strangers.
Set some boundaries
Set some boundaries, like, tell your kid not to go beyond surroundings for playing, not to meet and talk to the strangers.
Are you planning for an event and looking for some help that can make your event a grand success? To make your event a grand success it is better to hire a reputed event management company that offers you a variety of services based on your requirements.
Event management firms support your event from starting till the closing of the event. Every event management company will have a team of members that work on your event from event manger to infrastructure manger. They work in all the aspects of the event and makes your event a grand success. You won’t have much work to do and you just pay them for the service they provide you. With that your work will be over and from then the event management team work starts.
Why approach an event management company?
As you may be involved is some other things, you will not have enough time to concentrate on the event and plan accordingly. By handling the event to an event management company you are not only relaxed but you can concentrate on other important things.
Meanwhile communicate with the event management team and the manager to know the progress of the event work and also know about the budget. Several people are involved in the event management team to make your event which are stated under.
- For every event management company there will be a event manager or a planner who looks after overall plan of the event and produces it.
- Event coordinator is responsible for coordinating with all the professionals involved in the event and observes that business operations are effective and efficient.
- In order to handle the information from the various sources there will be information manager who looks after regarding all the information related to the event. He/she will maintain a data base of the information and also implement the risk management plan in case of loss of data.
- Team member of the event management will help you carry all the goods and items required for the event from one place to another place.
- They will look after all the members who have attended the event from delegates to normal audience and also does the resource management.
- They will also look after over all infrastructure required for the event like walls, rooms, function halls, electricity, water and also looks after the cleanliness.
These are the various reasons or factors why you should consult event manager. They will help you in all the way to make your event success without waste of your time and money.
Though the PCB started in a very crude form, the technology has improved over the years and the present practices are much mare advanced and effective than the primitive ones. The change has been a gradual one and the approaches have been modified gradually over the years to its present form. This article is an attempt presenting the chronology.
- 1903 : Albert Hanson proposed depositing flat foils in multiple layers on an insulating substrate.
- 1904 : Thomas Edison attempted electroplating conductors on a linen paper.
- 1913 : Arthur Berry patented a print and etch method.
- 1913 : Max Schoop patented a method of flame spraying metal onto a substrate.
- 1927 : Charles Durcase patented a method to electroplate circuit patterns.
The earliest commercial approach
Dr. Paul Eisler invented the first PCB while working in England in 1936.
Later, the U.S Army started large scale production of PCBs utilize in proximity fuse in World War II. The development of anti-aircraft proximity fuse required the use of a circuit that could be fired from a gun and one that can be produced in large quantities. This led to the initial large scale production of PCBs. After the end of the war, the technology was released for commercial purposes.
- Early practice: Initially much emphasis was on the type and nature of the substrate used and any insulating substrate such as wood, plastic or paper was randomly used.
- Chemical etching: In this method, the substrate material is electroplated with copper, the circuit to be used is printed on the board and is then covered with acid resistant material. The work piece is then dipped in an etching solution and is agitated. The excess copper gets etched leaving behind useful tracks. The speed and efficiency of etching solution slowly decreases. Bubbles and splash methods are used to speed up the process.
- Cordwood construction: Cordwood construction was achieved by sandwiching the components between two etched PCBs. Although it reduced the space and gained a little mechanical strength, it was very difficult to troubleshoot the PCB. This approach became obsolete over time.
- Through hole construction: Initially the boards were pierced at requisite points where the components have to be soldered and the etch was done. The lead parts of the components were turned 90 degrees and inserted into the hole and soldered on the opposite side.
- Surface mount technology: To use the second side of the PCB that was rendered useless due to soldering, surface mount technology came into effect. In this approach, the components were designed in flat designs with the end leads and these could be placed and soldered on the same side of the board. This led to the utilization on both the sides of the PCB giving birth to double sided PCBs.
- Double sided PCBs: Both sides of the PCB started getting etched. The components were soldered on both the sides, or the second surface was dedicated to a particular purpose for example for applying the ground common to the circuit components. With this, the miniaturization of the PCB entered a new trend.
- Multilayer PCB: To reduce the dimensions further and add more features in the same size, manufacturers started stacking multiple layers of PCBs with an insulating laminate in between the layers. Often, certain layers were dedicated to a particular purpose only like a layer for power, one for ground and yet another for signals. Usually, 3-4 layers were stacked, but layers as high as 25 to 400 can be stacked according to he required application.
- 2.5D and PCB CAM : To achieve a high resolution of track designs and for miniaturization of dimensions, software came to the rescue for the cause. With the help of available software, designing the high resolution tracks became simpler and more complex designing cam now could be done to achieve greater economy in capital, size and features. Commonly used tools are ELIC, Genesis 2000, RS274-D & RS274-X.
The next generation technology
The next generation approaches witness the development of 3D printing to beneficially use the third dimension of the structure. This will also eliminate the problem of electronic reflection and interference and of limited data transfer capabilities.
New technologies are being developed to meet the needs of the rapidly changing technological scenario.
Hiring the right lawyer is an important step, as the lawyer can make or break your case. Before making an informed decision, you should have several lawyer referrals with expertise in the area of law for which you require his service. You should then carefully research each lawyer. If you want to hire the best lawyer for your legal needs, it is important to consider the following five things.
An important factor to consider when looking for a lawyer is to know whether the lawyer has graduated from an accredited law school. You also need to consider the specific branch of law the lawyer practices and whether it is relevant to your case. For instance, if you wish to file a personal injury case, you should approach personal injury lawyers whose main area of practice is personal injury law.
Experienced lawyers are more efficient and confident because they are in the field for a long period, and they have handled many cases before. When considering a lawyer, you should check their experience, past cases dealt and how long they have been in this profession. This information will help you determine whether the lawyer has the knowledge and the ability to handle your case and serve your legal needs.
3. Cost and billing
This is probably the most important thing to consider when hiring a lawyer, whether you can afford the lawyer or not. And what the other extra costs are that might be involved apart from the lawyer’s fees, and how often you will be billed. Will the lawyer charge a flat rate or charge by the hour. Getting to know all this information will help you estimate how much the billing will come up to. If you are looking for an highly experienced lawyer, the billing will be more.
To know the reputation and background of the lawyer, ask former clients, check with friends, colleagues or other lawyers, you can also check the lawyer’s peer review ratings at martindale.com. This is a good source to get information about a law firm and lawyers. Gathering all this information will help you know if the lawyer has a good repute.
Getting along with the lawyer is very important as it builds good working relationship and trust. Make sure working and connecting at a personal level, you and your prospective lawyer are comfortable. Things that can influence your comfort level are the lawyer’s overall behavior, how the lawyer communicates with you and keeps you informed of all the developments in your case.
It is important to consider these five things when hiring a lawyer because it will not only save your time, but also your money.
More often, home owners consider the renovation or improvement of interior designs of the home as very important aspect of home decoration. However, the exterior part should not be neglected. It is the external appearance of your home that brings a sort of impression to your guests. So it is necessary to implement certain improvement ideas for making the exteriors look more elegant. Here are some home exterior improvement ideas to beautify your home appearance.
Home exterior painting is one of the most important consideration for improving the look of your home. A wrong choice of the color of paint makes your home look awkward. Hence, you should be careful when choosing the color of paint. Choosing different colors for porch, columns, decks, shutters and other architectural details brings charm to your home. While choosing the color of the paint for the exterior locations, it is essential to prefer those which can last for many years. The durability of the color and texture of the paint depends on the weather changes. So, give importance to them while selecting the paint.
The visual aspect of the home exterior also depends on the doors and windows. The design and material of doors and windows affects the appearance. Your choice can be anything from wooden or steel or fiberglass. Stylish windows and doors can change the entire look of your home.
Adding decks and railings is another inexpensive way to improve the home exterior. A deck increases the outdoor living space. Prominently, decks are made of wood. However, even materials like PVC, powder-coated aluminum are used. You can add the decks at the ground level or even attach them as high as your roof. When building a deck, it is also important to consider adding railings.
Apart from these things, you can also add beauty to your home outdoors by building elegant conservatory or sun room or orangery. Even driveways and sidewalks can improve the outlook of your home. Thus, consider the importance of home exteriors and enjoy pleasing comments from your guests. More >
Oral hygiene involves maintaining our teeth and gums healthy which enables us to look and feel good. It enhances our personality and helps us to speak and eat without any embarrassment to ourselves as well as others. Regular preventive care helps in reducing the risk of developing tooth decay, gum diseases, bad breath and other dental problems.
Some foods and drinks when taken regularly will show some negative affect on your dental hygiene. Any food or drink that is acidic may lead to enamel erosion. Bacteria in the mouth convert sugars, carbohydrates and starch from the food we take into acids, these acids break down or demineralize the enamel on teeth. However, there are some other foods which help to improve your oral health and are listed below.
Some foods are very important in protecting the teeth against cavities. Fluoride is one of the protector which makes the surface of teeth resistant to acids. Drinking fluoridated water and using fluoride toothpaste is must for a healthy teeth.
Green tea is one of the recommended drinks that contains plant compounds which reduce plaque, cavities and gum diseases. Milk is a good source of calcium that helps in maintaining teeth and bones, and it also contains low acidity which means wearing of teeth is less.
Vegetables that are rich in Vitamin A aid in the formation of teeth enamel. Sugary foods and drinks must be consumed in limited quantities because they stick to the teeth and reduce the pH in the mouth for an extended time. Using sugar substitutes instead of normal sugars reduce the bacteria on teeth and don’t produce decay causing acids.
Crunchy foods such as apples and pears contain high water content and hence dilute effects of sugars in them and increase saliva production.
Some of the best drinks to be taken are water, milk and unsweetened tea and it is better to limit the consumption of soft drinks, tea or coffee with added sugars. Water cleans the mouth and washes away particles inside the mouth, also increases flow of saliva. Chewing sugar-free gum may be good for teeth.
Time is an important factor in developing tooth decay. The more often you consume food and drinks which damage the teeth, the more frequent the teeth get exposed to decay. There is a variety of foods which protect the teeth enamel, increase saliva production, provide right amount of calcium, minerals for teeth and bones.
For healthy teeth, think twice before you eat and drink. It’s not what you eat or how often you eat, the impact of unhealthy food and drinks is harmful for your dental health. Eat healthy diet and avoid acidic foods and drinks for good oral health. More >
Here are a few tips that help you in decorating your home office.
a) Decorate with new models of furniture like attractive and comfortable chairs, sofas, desks, and book shelves, etc.
b) Paint with bright and inspirational colors. Colors like orange, lime, lemon in citrus shades can keep creative minds in gear.
c) Having a professional looking home office decor can indicate the other family members and to you that the place you work is an area where serious thinking is done.
d) Keep flooring and furniture easy to clean and arrange all accessories neatly. Keep important and most usable items close at hand.
e) Try to maintain color coded filing systems such as bins on shelves, colored files placed in a file hanger on the wall.
f) In a home office, if you need few minutes break to relax, you can have desktop knick knacks that will help to take rest.
g) Keep current project in sight in painted bulletin boards.
h) Place the computer near a window to enjoy the nature and cool air to refresh your mind.
i) Add luxury items such as fresh flowers, plants, cover top wall with heat resistance paint, and candles, etc to enjoy private conversations.
j) Keep a great space to awards, shields, certificates, that act as a reminder of goals and accomplishments.
If all the above tips are followed correctly along with some customizations, may result in making up of a beautiful yet professional looking home office. More >
Red carpets, we often use them as the traditional ways for welcoming the honorable state heads and these days VIPS and celebrities do get the honor of Red Carpet welcome on special occasions. This tradition of welcoming important people has started long back in 458 BC.
Kings of olden times showed their royalty by offering a red carpet welcome to their guests. Red and purple have always been a sign of royalty. Palaces and castles have used red carpets from centuries to lead to the thrones of kings and queens.
A red carpet welcome is to show warmth, affection, respect and sincerity to the person, generally a head of the state or a VIP. It is a sign of honoring the guests who arrived to the event. A red carpet welcome offered to them makes them different and special from other people. Many restaurants do use this carpets to show their hospitality towards their guests. It gives an effect of higher class service and amenities.
Apart from the special occasions and events these red carpets are also used in heavy traffic places like railway stations and air ports to lead a way to the passengers. In some places this carpet is also treated as the symbol of luck since all the people who are honored by a red carpet welcome are in great positions.
These days the use of other colored carpets for few occasions had replaced the red carpets. Like the green carpets are being used to promote environmental awareness. However, red carpets have their own charm and significance even though many new things came in to existence.
Yoga is a perfect fitness program from which we can reap most of the benefits. It helps in the overall development and the well being of the body. Regular practice of yoga keeps a person physically as well as mentally fit. There are multiple benefits which every one can expect from yoga. Let us have a look on them.
- The unique feature that the yoga exhibits is the flexibility of bones. Different yoga postures act upon the various joints of our body which makes them flexible.
- It effectively cleanses the body and thus eliminate any disorders in the body.
- Yoga is the only form of activity which massages all the internal glands and organs of the body which keeps us away from different diseases.
- Due to the stretching of all the muscles and the joints blood flows adequately in the body and thus it effectively flushes out toxins accumulated in the body.
- Through meditation the mind works in sync with the body by eliminating the stress.
- The persons with weak muscles can receive excellent toning to their muscles by practicing yoga regularly. Toning makes the muscles more flexible and stronger.
- Helps in handling the stressful situations more easily. Yoga teaches us how to quiet the mind so that we can use our energy only when it is required.
- It builds a sort of awareness of the body, emotional feelings and about the people living around. It mainly builds the feeling of oneness.
- Along with different poses and postures yoga teaches how to hold the breath while doing poses. By this one can attain hold over their breath which helps to handle any kind of tensions and stresses in day to day life.
- Unlike all other workouts yoga makes you feel energized after doing it. So any one who feels exhausted at the end of the day can do yoga to come out of it.
- Some yogic postures successfully eliminates fat around the cells making you more fit and free from obesity.
If we keep on listing out the benefits we can find many. These are few examples that shows the versatility in the benefits of yoga.
Air purifiers remove pollutants from air which prevails in a room. There are many airborne contaminants that are present in the air such as chemicals, microorganisms and odors. Patients suffering from the diseases like allergies, asthma, Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS), weakened immune system, require an air purifier.
The technology used in air purifier will remove particulates, chemicals and odor. The effectiveness and efficiency of the technologies differ from each other. The technologies used in the purifiers are here under:
Negative ions clean the particulates present in the air, like dust, dander and pollen by magnetically attracting the pollutants towards them, until these newly-formed larger particles become too heavy to remain in the air.
Heat can be used to sterilize indoor air by using a ceramic core that destroys 99.99% of all microorganisms which are burned at temperatures around 400F (250ºC). Heat is totally natural and doesn’t employ chemical or toxic products.
High Efficiency Particulate Arresting (HEPA):
HEPA filters will filter particulates of 0.03 micron size with an efficiency of 99.97%. The systems made up of HEPA contains thin maze of fibers. Electronic air purifiers, which are commercially used in hotels and restaurants, use HEPA technology.
Activated carbon is used to adsorb chemicals from the air flow of air purifiers. In this the chemicals parts get attached to the carbon by Van der Waals forces.
Ultra Violet Rays:
Ultraviolet light used in air purifier’s releases radiation in the range of 150 to 300 nanometers. With effect of this radiation, thymine molecules in DNA are unraveled. Thus any microorganism that gets exposed to these radiations dies.
Ozone molecule is the combination of three oxygen atoms; as soon as other atom gets attached to it the third oxygen atom leaves the molecule. Generally it is used to purify the odors.
Many individuals spend much amount of money to buy a high featured mobile phone. So there is a need for the mobile user to take proper care of the mobile. Many times mobiles get some problems like display damage, speaker damage, virus infection and battery damage. Having mobile is not special thing, it is normal like having a wallet or purse. On the other hand maintaining cell phone is not cheap and you have to take proper care of mobile in order to make it last for a long time. Every mobile user need to know few simple tips to take care of their mobile. Here are few tips to make mobile last for long time.
1. Do not drop, sit on or do not stick any sticker to the mobile, to make it attractive. Keep the display always clean and dry.
2. Keep the mobile in a safe place, whenever you don’t use.
3. Do not keep the mobile near to kids and pets, because they might damage the mobile, by removing antenna or dragging on the floor.
4. If you have high expensive mobile phone, be aware of thieves and pick pocketers. Do not leave it any where you want and do not showing it off to everyone.
5. Keep the mobile phone with you only, no one is responsible for your mobile if you leave some where.
6. Do not use the mobile without knowing anything, like if you do not know how to use blue tooth, read the manual carefully before using the blue tooth option.
7. Do not put the charger plug in for much time. Do not put charging for more than the time mentioned in the manual. Many mobile phone companies mention maximum charging time of 12 hours at home and 1 hour in car.
8. Do not put charging in a car while turning ignition, because it causes harm to the battery.
9. Do not put phone in pockets and in bags, if they carry cosmetics, perfumes, lotions and oil. Some times they can leak and affect your phone.
10. Turn off the blue tooth, data transfer devices like Wi Fi and any Internet access options after the use. If you keep it on, some times your mobile gets virus effected.
11. Do not leave your mobile in a car over night or in extreme hot or cold places, like in freeze. Mobile phones are very sensible to the hot and cold weather.
By following all the above tips you can take care of your mobile phones.
In order to protect your lawn from unwanted plant invaders, you can arrange a landscape edging. The edging acts as a barrier to and keeps out grasses and weeds. Among the many different kinds of materials used for landscape edging, stones are one. Stone landscape edging is associated with many benefits. Have a look on some of them.
- Stones are the natural materials and hence, give a natural look to the landscape edging. A stone edging along the flower bed attracts your guests attention towards the flowers.
- Stone edging blends with the natural surroundings. It combines with a garden landscape and provides a seamless boundary between lawn and garden.
- One of the most important benefits of stone landscape edging is their strength. Stones and rocks are very hard and durable for a long time. Certain materials like wood or plastic may get chipped or cracked easily though they look good. However, a stone edging cannot be broken easily.
- It is the versatility of stone landscape edging that many home owners prefer stones for edging. Stones of different colors and sizes can be used for enhancing your yard. You can also create straight lines, high edges, curvy edges or short edges with stones.
- Installing stone landscape edging is also very easy. You do not require a professional to install the stone edging. You can also do it on your own. However, it is necessary to choose a right place for the edge.
- Also, decide how the edge should look and mark a line based on it. Then, install the stones in appropriate positions. Dig along the line at a depth of about four inches and fill the canal with sand up to one inch from the top. Once this is done, you are left with placing stones on the top of the sand closely together. Any gaps or cracks in the stones are filled with sand to provide extra stability.
With these benefits, stone landscape edging increases the beauty of your yard. More >
Credit card is a facility issued to users as a system of payment. The issuer is the lending organization, who agrees to provide credit to the user of the card up to a certain period of time and expects to pay back the lending amount by the user. It simplifies the burden of carrying cash and gives credit when needed.
Before taking a credit card, read the terms and conditions carefully as every card will come with different terms and conditions specifying your rights and obligations towards the issuer of the card. Be aware of interest rates and repayment options while choosing a card. Compare different cards based on your needs and ability to pay the credit back. Don’t be afraid to negotiate the terms and rates with your creditor.
The interest rate determines how much you pay for carrying a balance on your credit card. Get to know about the interest rate on your credit card periodically to be sure of getting the best deal possible. Some credit cards offer a grace period for you to pay your balance before interest begins to accrue.
The best use of credit card can be made by limiting the number of cards and maintaining only one card to manage your spending. Don’t spend more than what you cannot afford and suffer paying on a monthly basis. Keep track of your spending by checking your online account frequently and recording the purchase receipts regularly.
Keep your credit card details like the account number, issuer’s name, phone number, etc. and secure a copy of your credit card hotline number which is at the back of the card. If your credit card is lost, destroy the pin code immediately. Make sure about the legitimacy of the sites while purchasing online using credit cards.
Location: First, select the location where you want stay. Cost of living depends on the location you chose to live.
Basic decisions: Decide about the budget of the home. Decide the area of apartment you want like single-bedroom, studio, etc.
Make a list: Make list of the apartments you found while searching online or through the real estate company.
Limit your options: Choose 4-5 apartments from the above list, and if possible visit them. More you review; you have a better option of finding a good apartment.
Speak: Speak to the staff of the chosen apartments. Check whether your choice is good or not.
Maintenance: Check the maintenance of the apartment. If possible, meet the residence staff, and verify about the maintenance policy.
Security: Check whether the security personnel is active in time of the duty or not. Just walk in streets of the apartment, try to go to upstairs and find if any one stops you.
Speak to a resident: Try to speak with at least one resident of the apartment. With this conversation, you can get the idea of the facilities in the apartment and get the best information about the property.
Plan wisely: After checking everything relating to the new apartment, decide the best suitable apartment for you in terms of facilities and budget.